Wer hat's gesagt?

• Hie ein Zitat. Ratet mal von wem die Antwort stammt.

Question: Hello Mr XXX: My wife is pregnant ( I think this is the best gift from god for a couple in love like Maria (my wife) and me) and I make my wife listen great music (XXX - YYY my favourite included). Do you think it is good for the child? I want him to be a musician because I think music is the most wonderful art. Which age do you think is good for children to get involve in music? Thanks a lot. - (XXX - 5/12/2005 )
    Answer: Congratulations! And, amen. Yes, I think it is good for the child to be exposed to great music during pregnancy, and always. I think that exposure to great music and art immediately is a good age. And, I would have he or she tell you whether he or she wants to be a musician. I wouldn't force it, but I certainly would foster it.

ratemalmitrosentahl
    fwdrums

nontoxic: kurze lange CD-Pause

• ???
    Komm, gebt's zu, Ihr habt's in Google eingegeben!

Ja, es ist Vinnie. Steht unter Q&A auf seiner Page, neben noch mehr krudem Zeuch.

fwdrums

Unschlagbar ist folgende Andekdote von Steve Vai:

"I was just enamored with Vinnie. Back in the Frank days, his whole approach, when I heard Vinnie play, his phrasing - it satisfied something in my heart. It was easy to get certain rhythmic gratification from straight up-and-down-type players. Playing grooves, alternate grooves here and there. But Vinnie just came in and threw a wrench into the works. The guy is an alien. He was able to touch buttons with his sense of polyrhythms that no one has ever done. Frank's band was the perfect soundboard for that. I started transcribing his playing for The Frank Zappa Book. I mean, there's five to six different notations for the hi-hat! [laughs]

I'll tell you a really great Vinnie story. He's one of the most amazing sight-readers that ever existed on the instrument. One day we were in a Frank rehearsal, this was early '80s, and Frank brought in this piece of music called "Mo 'N Herb's Vacation." Just unbelievably complex. All the drums were written out, just like "The Black Page" except even more complex. There were these runs of like 17 over 3 and every drumhead is notated differently. And there were a whole bunch of people there, I think Bozzio was there.

Vinnie had this piece of music on the stand to his right. To his left he had another music stand with a plate of sushi on it, okay? Now the tempo of the piece was very slow, like "The Black Page." And then the first riff came in, [mimics bizarre Zappa-esque drum rhythm patterns] with all these choking of cymbals, and hi-hat, ruffs, spinning of rototoms and all this crazy stuff. And I saw Vinnie reading this thing. Now, Vinnie has this habit of pushing his glasses up with the middle finger of his right hand. Well I saw him look at this one bar of music, it was the last bar of music on the page. He started to play it as he was turning the page with one hand, and then once the page was turned he continued playing the riff with his right hand, as he reached over with his left hand, grabbed a piece of sushi and put it in his mouth, continued the riff with his left hand and feet, pushed his glasses up, and then played the remaining part of the bar.

It was the sickest thing I have ever seen. Frank threw his music up in the air. Bozzio turned around and walked away. I just started laughing."

Ob's wirklich stimmt? Egal, die Story ist einfach zu gut. Muß weiter erzählt werden.

Keep On Groovin'
    fwdrums

• Tja Vinnie...

Vor x Jahren war ichauf der Musikmesse in Ffm und bei Yamaha spielten Weckl & Colaiuta (Du siehst, es ist schon ziemlich lange her). Vinnie hat gerade das Set begutachtet, auf dem er spielen soll und den Yamaha-Jungs mitgeteilt, daß er andere Felle bestellt hätte und auf den aufgezogenen nicht spielen wolle. Einer aus der Yamaha-Crew erlaubte sich die, zugegeben nicht gerade clevere Bemerkung, daß dieser Felltyp für Dave Weckl gut genug gewesen wäre. Das hätte er besser nicht gesagt. Vinnie ist total ausgerastet, hat wüst rumkrakelt, die zwei Jungspunde alles zusammengeheißen, was ihm an Beleidigungen einfiel und im Anschluß mit roter Birne die Soundkabine verlassen. Die betröppelten Yamahas woillten die Felle dann wohl besorgen...

Bei der späteren Performance betrat Vinnie die Bühne: kein Lächeln, kein Gruß ans Publikum. Er spielte ca. eine halbe Stunde lang wie ein Henker. Vollkommen abgedrehtes Zeug, absolute Weltklasse. Pause. Ein Yamahaianer betritt die Bühne, bedankt sich bei Vinnie, lobt ihn über den grünen Klee und fordert das Publikum auf, Fragen an Vinnie zu stellen. Nach der ersten Frage und einer nichtssagenden und gelangweilt vorgetragenen Antwort verläßt Vinnie kommentarlos die Bühne. Das Publikum applaudiert & fordert Zugabe. Nach 5 Minuten kommt der Meister zurück, rödelt noch mal 10 Minuten ab, um endgültig die Location - wiederum kommentar- und grußlos - zu verlassen. Dat war's. Große Fragezeichen in den Gesichtern des beglückten & gleichermaßen verstörten Publikums ob dieses bizarren Auftritts.

Drumming: Weltklasse - Benehmen: Kanaldeckelunterseite.

Keep On Groovin'
    fwdrums

• Ich war auch vor Jahren mal auf der Musikmesse.
    Vinnie spielte da in einer kleinen Kabine für BOSE.

Ansage des Moderators kurz vorher:
    "Bitte während der Vorstellung weder aufstehen, rauchen, fotografieren, reinkommen, rausgehen, sich unterhalten oder Tonaufnahmen machen!
    Ansonsten bricht Herr C. die Vorstellung auf der Stelle ab und verlässt den Raum!"

Tut mir Leid, aber mit solchen Leuten würde ich nicht in einer Band spielen wollen...

• Moin,

in einem Zappa-Film (BabySnakes? oder auch ein anderer?) lässt der Bodyguard/Managerverschnitt/Hassenichgesehen-Typ auch ein prima Kommentar ab über die Band, in der zu der Zeit auch der Herr C. wütet.

Er meinte in etwa:
    "Die Jungs sind ja alle total durchgedreht, aber dieser Drummer mit dem bekloppten Bart ist echt mit Abstand der schlimmste!"

Der Teppich hat das Zimmer erst richtig gemütlich gemacht!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!