Was die Heros so brauchen (Beispiel Marin Drew)

• Ich habe auf der Website meines Lieblingsdrummers Martin Drew folgende Statements gefunden, die ich Euch nicht vorenthalten will. Ich hatte viel Spaß beim Durchlesen. Ihr hoffentlich auch:

Originallink: http://homepages.tesco.net/~martindrew/setup.htm
    (Hier kann man auch das Set sehen und die vollständige Setliste, inklusive den lustigen Kommentaren!)

This is the kit (or set) I'm playing at the moment. Below is a list of the equipment I use, and ask for when I need a kit to be supplied. I have tried to make the list foolproof, to avoid any misunderstanding, but you would not believe what I sometimes get! Being a Pearl endorsee, my drums and hardware are all Pearl, which I consider to be the best. The hardware is very easy to set-up, tear down, and adjust, as well as being extremely reliable. However, for a while, virtually everywhere I went I was supplied a kit with a drum rack, which drove me crazy!! As a working drummer, often having to climb stairs, etc., all I want is to set up my kit as quickly as possible, without carrying the equivalent of a load of iron girders around, which are very heavy!! Drummers have had kits for years which were quick and easy to set up, and reasonably easy to carry. These kits are still available but now manufacturers are trying to get us to carry lots of double braced stands and racks, etc., which are so heavy they make life a misery, unless you have someone to carry it all for you! All this heavy equipment might have its place, but for gigging drummers doing one-nighters, carrying our own gear in and out of cars, trains, planes, or whatever, keeping it light and simple must be the way. Also, I firmly believe that if stands are designed correctly, with a low centre of gravity, they will not fall over unless you push them over! Are double-braced legs the only answer to stability? I don't think so.
    I won't attempt to get into the arguments for and against the various systems to avoid anything being mounted directly onto the shell of a drum to avoid deadening it, not to mention the extra weight this causes. Suffice to say that manufacturers now make a big point about the merits of a 'clean' shell for a purer sound, and then proceed to screw lots of 'lugs' to it, in order to hold and adjust the heads, which you must have! Doesn't this completely explode the 'clean' shell theory? Are they trying to tell us that all the fantastic drummers that have been around, still are, and will be, sound awful?! Could be a ploy to sell equipment, if you ask me. There doesn't seem to be much you can change in a drum, but with all the hardware................an engineer's dream, and sometimes a drummers nightmare!
    My kit is sometimes classed as large, but doesn't take too long to set-up or tear down, depending on how I feel! Compared to some drummers, my kit is positively miniscule. I once heard Dave Weckl, a sensational drummer, remark how grateful he is having other people to carry all his equipment about. It's amazing how big a kit can become when other people carry it for you! Conversely, it's interesting how small a kit can become when you have to carry it all by yourself!

"...ich scheisse schon wircklich bald 22 jahr aus dem nemlichen loch, und ist doch noch nicht verissen!" (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!