Günstige DIY practice pads und zeugs

• Oder besser so: hier ist mein Beitrag nochmal...:

Hello Guys (and Girls)!

Maybe some of you will laugh at this (most probably those who have way too much money ;) )...

The cheapest BD-Pad in the world

1. Go to a specialized store for rubber foam
    [INDENT]There they usually sell very cheap clippings (cut-offs). Buy a piece similar to this one, I got for about 1,- EUR:[/INDENT]

2. Bend the piece like this

3. Clamp it to your pedal (with the device used to clap it to your BD)

4. Adjust beater angle

You now have the cheapest BD-Practicepad in the world (and it works quite fine).
    Notice that the rubber foam has much more rebound when bent like this, then when straight and plain.

Hint: if it is way to silent (which it usually is), try some adhesiv tape (the kind used by painters) and put it onto the foam.

Best regards,
    Wolf

BTW: feel free to congratulate me, ROFL, or whatever... ;)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von wolfidolfi ()

• If you hate pedals, which slide across the floor, try this:

1. Take an old inner tube used for a tire of a bicycle

2. cut it into pieces about 20cm long, or so

3. cut them open on the inside (the side close to the tire-axis)

4. make sure to wash or wipe away all the white powder inside, which is there to avoid sticking, afterwards let it dry really good

5. cut it into pieces of right size and shape

6. mount it to the underside of your pedal (I mean the piece which sits on the floor) using thin but strong double-faced adhesive tape

Then it should look similar to this photo (Note: here I mounted it on the pedal itself, for non-sliding foot):

I have put this stuff on the whole underside of my pedal-basis (don't know a better term for this), and my pedal doesn't slide away anymore. When it starts to slide after some days, just clean the bottom of the pedal-basis (the rubber from the tire) with moist cloth or similar to take away dust and particles, then it sticks again like hell... (I could really also clean the floor, but you know...)

Of course this only works on surfaces like wooden floors, tilings or similar, and not on carpets (anyway, there you can use the stings, which every pedal has)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von wolfidolfi ()

• Idea for an ultra-light, inflateable practicepad with adjustable rebound ranging from moderate to low or very low

1. Buy this kind of a "sitting-mat" which is self-inflateable and filled with foam (I got mine from a trekking shop for about 20,- EUR, they can be bought cheaper, I guess)

2. Mount some Gaffa-tape onto the center of the mat (i put it there in 2 layers), to avoid damage to the material on the long run (though it is quite strong)

You now have an ultra-light, inflateable practicepad with adjustable rebound!

Adjusting rebound:
    - Full rebound (approximately the amount of a floortom with moderate tension): blow the mat up to the fullest, then close the valve

- Moderate rebound
    Leave the valve open for some time, then close it or leave it open

- Low rebound
    press onto the mat with your hand, while the valve is open, then close it

Notes:
    - Use this "practice pad" on a table
    - strap the mat down to the table/surface

I came up with that idea, 'cause conventional practice pads usually have quite strong rebound, which is good, but not all the time (for example not for learning to do a roll on a floortom)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von wolfidolfi ()

• Dann kann ich ja auch mal mein DIY Practice Pad (oder ebsser gesagt die Idee) hier posten:

Material:
    - Brett
    - Mousepad (Irgendwas wird sich wohl in jedem Haushalt finden Heutzutage)
    - Ein Stück Teppichfliese/ Moosgummiplatte/ Korkplatte/ …

Das Prinzip ist denkbar einfach, genauso wie die Herstellung. Als Grundlage dient das Brett, um Stabilität in das Ganze zu bringen.
    Die einfachste Methode ist, das Mousepad direkt auf das Brett zu kleben. Je nach Mousepad ist der Rebound dann allerdings noch relativ gut. Um diesen zu verschlechtern (und den Übungseffekt zu verbessern) kann man dann ein Stück Teppichfliese/ Mossgummiplate/ Korkplatte/ … unter das Mousepad legen. Entspricht der Rebound den eigenen Vorstellungen, klebt man das Ganze mit einem geeigneten Klebstoff auf das Brett, Schicht für Schicht.
    Als Variation kann man auch verschiedene Flächen mit unterschiedlichem Rebound auf ein Brett kleben. So hat man immer mehrere Übungsmöglichkeiten.
    Man könnte das Pad vielleicht auch durch ein günstiges, einfaches Metronom bereichern. Bei Anregungen und Vorschlägen einfach posten.
    Welche Größe man für die Padfläche/ n wählt, bleibt letztendlich Geschmackssache, man merkt ja ob man damit klarkommt oder nicht ;)
    Bisher ist es nur eine Idee, sobald ich mich mal rangesetzt habe gibt’s Bilder, vllt ist ja auch jemand schneller als ich.

mfg, Humpf

• das BD-Practisepad ist ja echt mal cool!
    Eben gerademalausprobiert.. noch besser geht es, wenn man das Schaumstoffzeugs richtig zusammenpresst und zusätzlich mit Gaffa umwickelt!

Meine Beiträge sind maschinell erstellt und ohne Unterschrift gültig.
    mein Set

Elu on nagu hernes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!