jerry finn im krankenhaus..

• "Jerry Finn is one of the good guys
    He is one of my friends and a good friend to many of us
    For those who don't know of Jerry
    he mixed some Green Day hits, produced Blink 182 and Rancid and a bunch of good punk and most of all
    he is one of the good guys
    this week he suffered a massive brain hemorrhage

here is the email I received from our pal Mike Fasano
    even tho I have known about this for 2 days
    I waited until now to make it public
    it is just crazy .... Jerry is just 38 years old ....
    so, think good positive thoughts and prayers and lets hope Jerry pulls through

Subject: Jerry Finn update!

hey everybody!
    sorry for the mass email update but this is a way to let everyone
    know how our friend Jerry is doing and will be a way to update his progress!
    yes i said progress as you all know Jerry suffered a severe brain hemorrhage
    this past thursday and was taken to Kaiser and has been since moved to Cedars Sinai.
    Jerry is not in a coma but is unconscious and hooked up to life support. He is being cared
    for by dr. black. He is the best in his field just as jerry is at producing records!
    there is brain activity and he appears to be responding to touch! yesterday he opened his eyes
    and looked a me for 10 seconds! so with that being said they are running tests and monitoring and keeping him in stable condition. as it
    stands no news is good news and i will do my best to keep everybody up to date on his
    condition. despite what has happened to jerry he is fighting to survive this. i will pass info on to jenn and his
    sister karin and the family! we all thank you for your thoughts and prayers. the family requests
    that there be no visitors at this time. you can't send flowers but you can send cards so that
    they can be read to him! please respect the family's wishes so we can get jerry through
    this long road to recovery. mike"

• I am devastated to post this email from today .....

with a heavy heart and no breath in my chest i want to let you know that we and the
    doctors have done everything possible for jerry. even though he did make
    snail like improvement these past 31 days he is not any better for words and has not had any consistency
    in the tests that the medical team have done for him. at his time the hemorrhage has done
    massive damage to his body which will leave him severely disabled and in need of acute care
    for the rest of his life. we know jerry wouldn't want to live like this in a vegetative state.
    the family has made the decision to speak jerrys wishes and with draw life support.
    i am truly devastated don't know what else to say. thank you all for your support through
    this terrible time. please keep jerry in your prayers! mike

• grade wollte ich das auch posten.. wirklich traurig. man kennt solche leute zwar normalerweise nicht persönlich, aber es macht einen doch betroffen. ich kenne ihn nur aus verschiedenen reportagen (zb zu den aufnahmen des letzten blink-182 albums) vom sehen her. aber er kam dort immer total wie ein ruhepol rüber, eine gute seele und wahnsinnig kompetent. die drumsounds die er auf allen barker produktionen von enema of the state bis +44 gefahren hat sind für mich zum maßstab eines guten punk-rock drumsounds geworden. hier ganz besonders zu nennen take off your pants and jacket, eines der best produzierten alben die ich kenne.

um mal einen überblick über sein lebenswerk zu geben: allmusic.com Credits

wenn man sich das so ansieht kommt man einfach zu dem schluss dass er eigentlich der inbegriff des modernen californischen punkrock-sounds war. alles vertreten von green day über blink bis the offspring, sum41 oder bad religion... für mich ist da eines meiner ganz großen idole von uns gegangen. aber ich kann die entscheidung der familie angesichts seines zustandes und der zu erwartenden folgeschäden nachvollziehen. möge er in frieden ruhen.

• um abschließende unklarheiten auch hier zu beseitigen: die ersten meldungen zum tod jerry finns waren nicht korrekt, man hatte ihn zu der zeit von lebenserhaltenden geräten getrennt und seinem schicksal überlassen. gestern war es dann allerdings leider so weit.

Zitat von Mark Hoppus

Today The World Became A Lot Less Musical

one of my best friends passed away today. jerry finn was one of the most talented, funniest, coolest, smartest, and honest people i’ve ever known. he was true in every sense of the word. true in his love of music, true in his friendships. jerry loved life. he was happiest when quietly making music he loved, and loudly making fun of everything he didn’t. when i think of times spent with jerry, all i can think of is us laughing. so much laughter. he’s just one of those guys with the quickest wit in the room. he also knows more about music than anyone. and i mean that seriously. he knows musicians, instruments, amplifiers, recording equipment, engineers, producers, albums, and studios like some people know sports statistics. jerry could tell you who played what instrument on which track of pretty much any album you could name, and then go on to tell you who produced it, who engineered it, in what room of which studio, and so on. it’s really kind of amazing. he worked on many of my favorite albums of all time, and helped shape the sound and direction of blink-182 from enema of the state all the way through to the end and into +44. he was into family guy, south park, and mr show before anyone else had even heard of those shows. and when my son was born, while everyone else was sending us baby blankets and teddy bears, jerry and his girlfriend gave him a tiny extra small black leather jacket covered in metal studs and ramones pins.

i’m sitting here now and i don’t even know what to type. i’m at a loss for words. nothing i can say will come close to describing what an amazing human being jerry was. his talent, his laughter, his love of life. every day i spent with jerry over the past ten years i feel like he taught me something new about music, or recording. or life. i think everyone who knew jerry would say the same thing. i feel blessed to have worked with and learned so much from him. but most of all i am honored to call him my dear friend. jerry, i miss you already.

Quelle: http://himynameismark.com

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!