Hallo Alles! Phil Maturano Online lessons now available!!!!!!

• Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop by, say hello and let you know about the new section on my page. Online lessons! Stop by and have a look. I hope you will enjoy the material and be in touch. Here is a sample of whats up there.
    Big hugs from NY
    Con Alma
    PM

You've got to Funk a Drei!!

Tired of sounding flat? Tired of your ideas and licks?

There is a way to expand your vocabulary right away! Through the study of Rhythm!
    Rhythm is like a kaleidoscope. When you turn the Kaleidoscope it makes different shapes. Think of rhythm as the shapes you see in the kaleidoscope. As you turn your perspective rhythmically, different cyclic melodies will appear. Rhythmic perspective will determine what melody you are hearing in any cycle. In this case I chose this "rhythmic melody" if you will. Since it is pervasive in western drumming culture. Rhythm is basically infinite. And as you will see, the creative possibilities using "just" this perspective, soon become a deep ocean of drumming vocabulary.

In this lesson we are learning to open up your phrasing and achieve what some of my Students refer to as a "rolling time feel"- Also known as "Playing over the barline"

The tool we are using is what I call the...
    "3 bar cycle" -

Check out this lesson and enjoy!! - Level = Intermediate
    Purchase - You've got to Funk a Drei!!
    30 mins mp3 / with extensive PDF's - Exercises and text!!

http://www.philmaturano.com/onlinelessons.html

• Phil,

your post is a commercial offer/info. There's a special board for this, have a look and pls post there:
    http://www.drummerforum.de/for…php?page=Board&boardID=41

DF-Members expect companies and individuals with commercial interest to do so.

Regards,
    Hajo

P.S.: On April 8, a member already informed you of this and admins moved your post to "Firmen News"-Board. That's manual work for people doing a volunteer job.

• Is the only reason being here selling your stuff ? Drummerforum isn´t for this kinda purpose....... that´s at least what I think.
    edit says: Give them people here some examples for free would probably be a good idea ....
    Thanks a lot !!!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Buddy Poor ()

• Is the only reason being here selling your stuff ? Drummerforum isn´t for this kinda purpose....... that´s at least what I think.
    edit says: Give them people here some examples for free would probably be a good idea ....
    Thanks a lot !!!

Hey Drummerforum...Sorry for posting this in the wrong section. I didnt know where it was supposed to go.
    As far as giving free stuff for you guys...you have my youtube page...myspace...My articles in Drums and percussion magazine....drummerworld...and mypersonal website
    http://www.philmaturano.com.....where you can hear stufff for free of mine. maybe next time do your research before asking for more "Free" stuff.

I have also answered on my free time "Many" questions through the years from members of this forum ...at NO charge. So I think I can let some people know about my stuff without having to put up with being lectured. :cursing: :cursing:
    Thanks
    PM

• Zitat

I have also answered on my free time "Many" questions through the years from members of this forum ...at NO charge.

In your free time and at no charge ? Great man :rollyes: Where are those posts ? I can´t find them in your "post-history".

• So I think I can let some people know about my stuff without having to put up with being lectured. :cursing: :cursing:

Chill, Phil ;) Sure you can.
    Different ideas about promoting here collide once in a while, no big deal. Thanks for keeping us informed in Firmen-News.
    _

-
    Gesendet von meinen Babyphone mit Papatalk

• In your free time and at no charge ? Great man :rollyes: Where are those posts ? I can´t find them in your "post-history".

Thats because they were sent to my personal email dude.

Its funny how some cats will just walk into a situation and blurt out whatever nonsense that rolls of their tongue. Do we still have to deal at this level on this forum? Are we not over the petty remarks at this point in the game? We have this incredible wonderful opportunity to exchange information and study with people who have been around a long time, with vast experience...and this is what we get? Now I know this is probably a young kid with time on his hands...but there are times when people have to be called on their actions. This I feel is one of them. Get it together Buddy. Learn how to communicate as others have done with me here so very kindly. I respect them and they respect me. If you dont acquire this skill the future as a musician looks bleek. NO matter how good you play...you must be a decent human being for others to want to work with you. Trust me on that! Here is your opportunity to make a positive step towards that.

PM
    http://www.philmaturano.com
    http://www.myspace.com/philmaturanodrums
    http://www.youtube.com/philmaturanodrums

• ?

Still love your dvd.
    Greets, Nils

Thanks Nils! The DVD is doing great worldwide and Its getting great reviews from drummers everywhere. Cant wait to hear you play some of the material. When you have a chance, if you want post a video of you playing the stuff and I can help you with any questions you might have.
    All the best
    http://www.philmaturano.com
    http://www.myspace.com/philmaturanodrums
    http://www.youtube.com/philmaturanodrums

• edit says: You completely edited your last post. And if I´m not Einsteln anymore you´re not hulk ;) I leave this post as it is. Doesn´t matter.....

I just told you my opinion Hulk, didn´t know that it´s such a problem for you. And I didn´t know that it´s so hard to understand for you. But I´ll explain it to you. I noticed once in a while that you promoted your stuff.There´s not really something wrong with it, but I don´t like if persons use the forum in a special selfish way. I don´t wanna say your selfish !!!, I just wanted to figure out. I didn´t know that you answered a lot of questions, if so it´s very helpful of you ! Honestly ! A lot of professionel drummers are in this forum and all of them are helping in their freetime and of course for free, that´s the meaning of forums. In your case I wasn´t sure what your intension was about. All I did was asking you. I don´t know why you acted kind of flustered !? That´s probably the reason why I answered a little unkind in my second post. I saw no reason to use those "red smileys". I know that you´re a good drummer, all I wanted was to get something out of you to support the forum. I didn´t wanted to annihilate you ! Hope you can now understand, I didn´t want to talk shit to you. Sorry !!! So keep cool now ....
    You wanna meet me in person ? You´re interested in my person. I don´t believe :) Or is it that you wanna kick my ass ? That would be not a good idea maybe ;) But anyway....... you will find my adress and phonenumber on www(dot)drumlesson(dot)de.
    OK man, the truth is that I don´t know you in person but i like your stuff. I own " latin soloing for drumset" it´s a nice book !
    Are you teaching at the collective in NY ? Somehow I think I read it? Or am I confused about that? not sure. I was studying there in 1998 and 1990. And I´m sure the school can be proud if you teach there.
    So phil, stay cool...if you´re in germany give me a phone call or let us meet trying to kick my ass :)
    And anyway...good luck with your business !
    pete

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Buddy Poor ()

• Oh I see you edited your post, so maybe my answering doesn´t really fit. but OK !

Zitat

you must be a decent human being for others

yes that was because I wasn´t sure of your postings. I guess it´s a litte misunderstanding !!!!
    You´re a good guy !!! I guess me to !
    `Sorry again !

• Hey Hulk and Einstein :D
    Good to see that finally you're both keeping your worldwide action professional :)
    Yup, knowing how communication works is very important - especially international communication.
    Some young kids have to keep on learning that in order to avoid misunderstandings, as well as some worldwidely sucessful professionals still might wanna advance their skills in this regard. Just like everyone in between too ;)
    This is partly what we're here for, right?

-
    Gesendet von meinen Babyphone mit Papatalk

• Zitat

Hey Hulk and Einstein
    Good to see that finally you're both keeping your worldwide action professional
    Yup, knowing how communication works is very important - especially international communication.
    Some young kids have to keep on learning that in order to avoid misunderstandings, as well as some worldwidely sucessful professionals still might wanna advance their skills in this regard. Just like everyone in between too
    This is partly what we're here for, right?

you´re right pbu; I totally agree.
    I´m human...I do make mistakes...and actually there´s nothing wrong with it. If I wouid be perfect, there would be probably no reason being on earth.... These are peanuts actually :)

• Yes I edited my post because its the way I write. Freehand improve and then I correct things as I go and re read. I got your private email so all is good buddy 8)

Keep in touch and I send many greetings from NY to all who wrote.
    PM

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!