Zitate Sammlung bekannter Schlagzeugerinnen und Schlagzeuger

• Hier bringt Peter Erskine etwas auf den Punkt, was ich zuweilen auch denke, wenn ich mir so die Entwicklung in der Drummerwelt anschaue.
    Die Meinung muss man nicht teilen, ich sehe das aber eigentlich genauso. Es ist übrigens nicht als Aufforderung zu verstehen, nicht zu üben, wie das gerne mal falsch aufgefasst wird.

"We spend thousands of hours learning to play our instrument and trying to get some level of mastery, then after a while you realize it's not quite the physical sporting event it was when you first started out and you learn to stop wrestling and fighting your instrument ...I tell my students that the whole thing is a lot simpler than you may be prepared to believe. Just play what you'd like to hear next. I think when you put it in that context it demystifies the whole thing."

• Drumheads 5/2014, Seite 75, Special-Masterclass: Create your Drumsolo.

Andy Gillmann:
    "Die meisten Drummerinnen und Drummer verlieren auf dem Weg zur Bühne 20 bis 40 % ihres Könnens. Manchmal ist es noch mehr und bei Prüfungen ist es für einige von uns ganz besonders schlimm. Da hat man wochenlang geübt und geprobt und beim ersehnten Konzert fallen einem schon beim Anzählen vor lauter Nervosität erst mal die Stöcke runter. Und beim Anblick eines Schlagzeugkollegen bricht einem der Schweiß aus - man vergisst alles, was man sich vorgenommen hatte. (...)"

Kenne ich, glaube ich ;(

• Grüß Gott,
    nicht direkt ein Schlagzeuger, aber zu schön um nicht zitiert zu werden:

"Never fight with a drummer! I'll tell you why. Drummers hit shit for a living! That is something I learnt the hard way."
    Michael Starr (voc/Steel Panther)

• Drums is a rickshaw being pulled by a maniac mule down a dusty road.
    Drums is falling eloquently down a long flight of stairs and landing on your feet.
    Drums is four limbs floating gradually out from the center until you are nothing but a butt on a seat supporting a brain on automatic pilot looking down on the whole affair and laughing in hysterical disbelief.

Jon Fishman in Döniac Shvice

• Als Keith Moon mal in seinem Hotelzimmer richtig laut das neueset Who Album hörte, kam der Hotelmanager und beschwerte sich über den "Krach".

Moon zündete daraufhin eine Ladung Sprengstoff.

Moon zum Manager:
    "Das war Krach....und das vorher,... das war The Who." :whistling:

Der höchste Lohn für unsere Bemühungen ist nicht das, was wir dafür bekommen, sondern das, was wir dadurch werden.

• "If it doesn't swing, it doesn't swing. There's lots of drummers with lots of technique. It doesn't matter how many beats you play, it's where you play them, and a lot of it is what you don't play."

Ginger Baker

"You don't have to show off" - Peter Erskine

• Zitat

"We spend thousands of hours learning to play our instrument and trying to get some level of mastery, then after a while you realize it's not quite the physical sporting event it was when you first started out and you learn to stop wrestling and fighting your instrument ...I tell my students that the whole thing is a lot simpler than you may be prepared to believe. Just play what you'd like to hear next. I think when you put it in that context it demystifies the whole thing."

Geil! :D

• Ian Paice:
    Well two bass drums is an amazing effect, but that’s all it is. If you overplay it loses its effect, like a Ferrari and you go everywhere at 180 mph. That starts to become a little less interesting than you think its going to be, but if you go along at 30 mph for a couple of hours and then you do 180 mph then that’s sort of exciting and it’s the same thing with two bass drums. If they come from nowhere, they are shattering but when you hear them every two minutes, the effect is lost. Some of the really good players understand this and they use them when they need them, the same way as the tom-tom or the cow bell, you use it for the moment. Lots of young kids get carried away with the pure thunder of it and in the end there are no patterns.

Tony Williams:
    Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play music, to play with people for others to listen to, that’s something else. That’s a whole other world.

Elvin Jones:
    The greatest contribution jazz has made in music has been to replace the role of the conductor with a member of the ensemble who, instead of waving his arms to keep time and convey mood, is an active member of the musical statement. That person is the drummer.

Vinnie Colaiuta:
    You can't be everything. Nobody is everything. You just do what you do, and you try to do that as well as you can. And if somebody doesn't like it, too bad.

"You don't have to show off" - Peter Erskine

• Ein kluger Kopf hat mal gesagt :
    " Der Trommler ist der Tormann der Band "
    Seit ich das das gelesen hab, spiele ich anders!

An meine CDs lasse ich nur Haut und Wasser... !

"E.F. stört wiederholt durch unqualifizierte Bemerkungen und widerspricht fortwährend!"
    (Klassenbucheintrag 1983)

• Sofern es hier um Erkennntnis und Weisheit, Bildung und Unterhaltung durch das gegenseitige Zurverfügungstelleung und Austausches gweisser Zitate geht. Kann ich das hier wärmstens empfehlen.
    Es ist nicht ein Zitat, was ich herausstellen möchte, sondern lieber die Ganzheit der Philosophie und des durch Jon Santos hervorragend geschilderten kulturellen Hintergrundes. Er ist für mich einer der besten Lehrer, die ich hatte.
    Ich hatte das Glück ihn Anfang der 90er Jahre kennenzulernen und habe eine Menge von ihm gelernt, nicht nur technische Aspekte , sondern die Liebe zur Tradition und den Respekt vor den Altvorderen.

"Long answer to a short question"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!