Welches Crash Teil II (Thema geteilt)

• I am looking for cymbals that are not to loud.
    My band doesn't play very loud. (The people can talk with each other while we play)
    So I need cymbals that do not need a very hard hit to crash.
    I know I have to look for thin cymbals, (or fast cymbals?
    Advise? :P
    (Verzeihe, mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut and I have problems finding die Umlaute usw. . .)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Nique ()

• Hi Nique! How much money can you afford? Is it Jazz music you´re playing, Acoustic Pop or what?
    The word "light" might give you a hint. "Fast" Crashes are often thin as well. "Thin crash" etc.
    Every Brand has these thinner Cymbals. But be careful! Some are not really "thin" and some are also "loud". I like the regular finish better for low music than brillant finish.
    You need a crash? A Ride? Playing Brushes or rods? Sizzles?

BORIS.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ElEhnez ()

• Hi, Nique,

I Would try it with AAX-Dark Crashes or AAX-Bright Crashes. The AAX-Series-Cymbals are generally able to produce a good Sound at all dynamic Ranges.

Perhaps you should also try the cheaper Modells of the Series made of B8-Bronze, such as B8, B8 Pro or Pro. These Cymbals are generally not as loud as their more expensive pendants, but of course, they don't sound as good, and have less dynamic range.

Generally you should prefer small and thin cymbals for your kind of music.

I hope, that brought you further, and my english isn't to bad. ;)

And finally, you should have openend a new thread for your question.

[Edit: Now, You've got your own Thread.]

Fell- & Beckenriss wünscht

Kai aus der Kiste

SUCHE: Sonor Designer Thin Maple 10x08 Tom, möglichst durchgehende Böckchen und möglichst in Azur

• :D Here I cant mitreden my english is not so good!! :D
    Naja ich probiers mal Test the cymbals! from Sabian is good The AAX serie is wie kai schon say good and the dark crashs are not my Geschmack but yuo can test it!!
    :D :D :D
    Scot

• (1) If You can afford it:

Paiste Traditionals
    Zildjian K Constantinople
    Sabian HH EQ Hats and Mini Cup or Duo Rides, some lighter HHX Modells

(2) Cheaper cymbals don't sound that well, although some work quiet well at lower volumes. Thinner Modells of the following Series:

Sabian B8 pro
    Paiste 802 or Alpha
    Stagg natural finish
    or similar ones

(3) Old Thin Vintage Cymbals

Paiste 602
    Zildjians
    Istanbuls

• Könnt ihr des auch noch in Deutsch hinschreiben des interresiert mich!!?? 8) :D :D :D
    Scot

• Danke fur die 'reactions'.

Nachstes mal offne ich ein neues thread, verzeihe mich.

Zur information:

Meine Gruppe spielt die Musik aus dem Jahren '70/ '80:
    JJ Cale, CLapton, Them, Randy Newman, Joe Cocker.
    Aber alles auf 'quite a low soundlevel'.

• and now.................we become mutlikulturell. Very nice to meet u here in the world´s best drummer forum*grin* Hope u enjoy..........i think you´ll have a nice time here...........u can get a lot .......no.........u can get all informations u seek, here. please don´t forget to tell all your friends about this forum............
    Perhaps u can show us some pics ´bout your drum set in "drummergalerie"?.......cu soon ...........
    so long

so long, Alex Tromm(l)er

• hallo, nique,

probier' mal paiste line fast crashes... oder auch die mellow crashes aus der gleichen serie...

... wären eventuell eine alternative zu den traditional collection thin crashes ;)

• Hi Nique!
    If you can't afford expensive Cymbals try Stagg (like Groovemaster already said):
    In my opinnion the Brilliant Series (and "subseries" like SH and Dragon) are good for your music, especially the "medium" Cymbals. They Sound dark and full. They are well for lower volume settings. Don't try the "rock" cymbals, they sound very loud and "trashy" and higher than the medium. The prices are very cheap! Try it! (for example 54€ for a 16" medium crash brilliant series)
    The rides and Hihat and especially the Splashes are also very well. The medium ride has a dark, full sound and the bell is very integrated. The rock ride ist mor bright and pingy. The bell is more separated. The Hihats I must test for my own before I can say somthing about them. I hadn't tested them yet.
    I hope I could help you and my English was not too bad!

Florian

• Nochmals vielen dank!

Hochi, ich zuche 1 (vieleicht 2) becken.
    Ich bin zufrieden mit meine
    Paiste Sign. line 14" heavy hi-hat,
    Paiste Sound Formula 20" full ride
    and
    Zildjian 14" paper thin crash.
    Ich bin nicht zufrieden mit den Paiste Sound Formula 16" full crash. This one is to loud.

I can afford about € 300. Maybe I can make some money selling the 16"full crash. It's still a good looking cymbal.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Nique ()

• Das verstehe ich nicht. Das Full Crash ist doch nicht lauter als die Heavy Hi-Hat!? ?( egal...

Also du suchst offenbar ein Crash, wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe. Du könntest dir beispielsweise ein weiteres Zildjian Paper Thin Crash besorgen (in 16"), dann hast du 2 Crashes, die gut zueinander passen. Dies wäre die einfachste und wahrscheinlich auch eine recht sinnvolle Methode, ein passendes Crash zu deinem bereits bestehenden Cymbal-Setup zu finden.

Das ist fein beobachtet!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hochi ()

• hey nique!

i would suggest to try some zildjian k thin's!
    i myself own 14" and 16" k thin crashes and i think they might fit to your style!

i love the way these cymbals blend with the music. they don't cut through like z customs but they have enough power to rock with, if you hit them harder. if you hit them soft, these cymbals more "cushion" the sound with a dark wash.

another option would be a 16" paper thin crash like hochi mentioned or some paiste traditionals(they are expensive but gorgeous when played in a low-volume band!)

full_independence

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!