Beiträge von drumsandmusic

Hallo

ich versuche vergeblich eine "add" fuer die Snare die ich verkaufen moechte unter An- und Verkauf zu hestellen. Wie geht denn das?

meine Profil Photo schaffe ich auch nicht zu aendern... Ich habe es siemlich schwer dem Forum zu verstehen...

MfG

D&M

I'm inviting you for the event "Where's Tom?- Acção Timbalão" as a part of a initiative of mine to replace a stolen instrument.

On the last 10.09.2011 after a concert, a drum was stolen out of my car. At the present I can't simply replace it because it is a highly valuable, very expensive instrument.
    You are invited to watch the trailer of the DVD "For Unaccompanied Drums" and, if you feel that it is worth your time and money, to buy it. vimeo.com/30811500

For any questions related with the purchase of the DVD you are welcome to contact me. I will be thankful for each single purchase because they will be a significant contribution for me to be "back on track" with my sound ideal. music@rui-faustino.com

This DVD was made by my friend Marco Mariano, and the trailer by me and my friend Teresa Prata upon Marco's filmed material. Many thanks to Marco for his initiative of recording my concert, -preserving in this way the drum and avoiding a longer loss-, and to Teresa for helping me putting the trailer together. The drum is the small high pitched one on the right.

About:

"For Unaccompanied Drums" is my solo project for the drumset. This project was born back in 2002 and the name was inspired by a book which gathers pieces from different composers called "For Unaccompanied Snare Drum". My idea back then was to take the approach of a classical percussionist and use it on the drumset. For that purpose I started to write music for the drumset, simultaneously changing the soundscape of the instrument. At that point the work of Fritz Hauser, Max Roach and Jack DeJohnette were major influences.

Once the technique and the idea of sound moved apart from the "normal" drums, the project started to develop in a parallel, but different pace, changing between productive periods and others of apparent stagnation. This concert at Mica Moca is the fifth solo concert I've played and it underlines simultaneously the project's development and also the way it still has ahead. It is not a product, it's a process. I hope you enjoy it.

Rui Faustino

⋅ Music is a good reason to play drums, and drums are a good reason to play music that is why drums and music, according to our teaching concept, regardless the style and aestetics will allways work together.
    ⋅ Music notation, theory, do I need that?
    this is a very personal option and there is no absolut truth regarding this subject. All we say is: first you learned how to talk, then how to write...
    ⋅ Teachers
    our teachers are graduated in music and have long time experience both on stage as well as in the academic life.
    ⋅ Courses
    our courses are highly flexible and personalisable, focused or interchangeable. Talk to us.
    ⋅ Idioms
    we teach in German, English, Spanish and Portuguese.

drumsandmusic.de

Hallo,

bin ein neue Mitglied von Drummer Forum und bin etwas verloren hier, in der website. Ich komme aus Portugal und kann nicht richtig Deutsch schreiben, verzeihung.

Ich moechte in Forum ein Beitrag schreiben aber bis jetzt habe noch nicht verstanden wie es funktioniert... Vielleicht bin ich hier richtig...

Ich moechte mit dem comunity mitteilen dass mir wurde in Berlin Kreuzberg ein Tom gestohlen, in der hoffnung dass ich es wieder finde. Es handelt sich um eine Sonor SQ2 8" tom mit Bubinga finish serial nr: 3486125.

Auf jeder hinweis ueber den Tom oder wie die Plattform funktioniert waere ich dankbar.

Obrigado!

*r