Beiträge von Mike Senior

I didn't see that coming ... 8o

Thanks. :)

Hope it's okay that I compared my mix with yours in this context.

No problem at all -- anyone's fair game for comparison and critique as far as I'm concerned! (Besides, I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I complained, given all the dirt I've dished about commercial releases in SOS's Mix Review column over the years...) And the split of opinions in this thread nicely highlights how so much of mixing is about personal taste. There are multiple great ways to mix any multitrack, and it just depends what your personal vision is and what competition you're aiming at. In fact, I'm just kicking off a mixing contest on my site where people are mixing another track I've already mixed for CD release, and I'm sure there'll be lots of great alternative versions there too. Looking forward to hearing them all! (The competition page is here, in case you're interested in getting involved: http://cambridge-mt.com/HannesKesebergMixContest.htm )

MIr gefällts Mix 1 am besten...
    :D
    Bin froh dass ihr alle so hilfreich mit einander seid -- so lernen wir alle viel, und das ist die wichtigste Sache, finde ich. Eine Meinung noch von mir: meiner Mix ist echt sehr komprimiert, mehr als ich instinktiv machen wuerde, aber Signe hat Maroon 5's 'Harder To Breathe' als Referenz gegeben. The client is king... :rolleyes:
    VG,
    Mike S.