Beiträge von bradydrums

Win a free Brady 14 x 6.5 Spotted Gum ply snare drum!

Santa knows if you've been naughty or nice! One lucky drummer will receive a Brady 14 x 6.5 Spotted Gum ply snare drum for Christmas. Entries close 11:59pm on December 24. The winner will be notified by a personal telephone call from Brady founder Chris Brady on December 25.

Enter at http://www.bradydrums.com.au

Good luck! :thumbup:

Brady Drum Company and Kings of Leon have joined together to auction a special drum for the Australian Bushfire Relief Appeal.

In February, Australia suffered its worst national disaster in over 100 years at the hands of the Victorian bushfires. The fires ripped through local communities in Victoria obliterating everything in its path. Unfortunately, 210 people have died, over 2,000 families lost their homes and over 1 million acres of land have been destroyed.

To assist with the relief efforts, Brady Drum Company has donated a new 2009 release snare drum handcrafted from Wandoo (Eucalyptus Wandoo) for auction. In addition to headlining "Sound Relief", a charity concert to raise funds for the relief effort, the members of Kings Of Leon have thrown their support behind the appeal and have lent their signatures to this drum. The band's drummer, Nathan Followill, has performed live since 2006 with a Brady snare drum.

100% of the proceeds will split equally between the Australian Red Cross, The Salvation Army and the RSPCA who provide financial, emotional and medical support to the families, pets and livestock devastated by this tragedy.

The auction will go live on eBay on May 1, 2009 and will close May 10, 2009. Brady Drum Company will include free shipping worldwide to the highest bidder.

Snare Drum Specifications:
    * Handcrafted by Australian master craftsman, Chris Brady
    * Wandoo (Eucalyptus Wandoo) timber, a native Western Australian hardwood
    * 14 inch diameter x 8 inch depth
    * 10 chromed tube lugs
    * R-Class snare strainer
    * German tempered snare wires
    * Canopus Bolt Tight detensioning washers

Individuals are also invited to make donations to The Salvation Army's Bushfire Relief Appeal, The Australian Red Cross' Bushfire Appeal, and the RSPCA.

Danke für die netten Kommentare zum Video. Es war groß, an der NAMM Show zurück zu sein. Auch groß, Chris Brady zu haben anwesend, zum seiner neuen Schaffungen vorzustellen.

Unser Newsletter ist einfach, eine E-Mail-Adresse von der Zeichnungsliste zu löschen. Es benötigt ein Doppeltes „sich nicht beteiligt“ - Sie Bedarf, den Antrag zu bestätigen, die unsubscription Arbeit zu machen.

Xian01, der_pat.e, und Olly - Heute morgen bin ich in die Vorlagendatenbank eingestiegen und Ihnen geholfen, Ihre Adressen zu löschen. Ich hoffe, dass dieses Ihnen hilft und Sachen besser macht.

Dank wieder.

Kelly :)

(Could someone please translate this into German for me? Thanks).

Hello, this is Kelly Brady from Brady Drums. I just saw this post on Drummerforum and felt the need to clarify some of the rumours raised here about Brady Drums.

I did respond to Max via email, though due to the sheer volume of correspondence we receive and other daily issues that arise, I would have preferred to have had the opportunity to respond in a more timely manner.

Firstly, allow me to state for the record Brady Drum Company is still very much in business, and is having a terrific 2008 year. It has been 11 months now since the Brady Family resumed full control of Brady Drum Company, and another 19 official Brady dealers have since joined our global dealer network in 2008, as shown in our most recent newsletter. (http://bradydrums.com/cgi-bin/…cgi/archive/Brady/newest/)

Prior to the Brady Family resuming complete control of Brady Drums in November 2007, previous management personnel and former shareholders within the company did not share the Brady family's vision for a superior instrument using the finest materials and Chris Brady’s proven manufacturing techniques, and ultimately sought to change our manufacturing procedures without our consent. Unfortunately, this resulted in some quality control issues, much like the one Max (Luddie) experienced. The Brady family takes great pride in the instruments we create, and any instrument bearing the Brady name that was anything less than flawless was unacceptable. These issues led to internal disputes within the company, and resulted in Chris Brady’s absence in the Company from April 2006. It was also the sole reason for my September 2006 resignation from the company and my vocal objection to the quality of the goods that were produced at that time without Chris Brady’s approval.

I am pleased to advise that those issues have since been eliminated through knowledge, re-education and strict quality control procedures. On November 5, 2007 Chris Brady, the Brady family, and Chris’ talented team of craftsmen all returned to the company’s premises, and immediately overhauled production and placed the focus back onto crafting the finest instruments.

We chose 2008 as the year to focus on revamping production and R&D. In May 2008, we expanded to larger premises. Brady Drum Company is a very positive, productive environment again, and I am literally in awe of the instruments that Chris and his team are again creating. (I’ll include a pic below). Brady also had great success with our recent “Brady Day” in-store promotion in Nashville, and we hope to expand the Brady Day concept to Europe and Asia in 2009.

Brady Drums are gearing up for a fantastic 2009, which will kick off with a very unique display at the 2009 NAMM Show in January. Some of Chris’ brand new designs will be introduced at the show. Also, keep an eye out for feature articles and product reviews in upcoming issues of Modern Drummer, MMR and Drum Business.

Should any concerns arise, please do not hesitate to be in touch. We’re also keen to work with one-on-one with drummers to help tailor individual sounds to their set-ups so we’re happy to help with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Kelly Brady - Brady Drums

I genuinely apologize if some members of this forum have previously used the opt-out link on our newsletter but are still receiving our newsletter. If so, please email me directly at kelly@bradydrums.com.au and I will personally ensure your email address is removed from our newsletter recipients immediately. Furthermore, I will personally advise each person who contacts me when removal has taken place.

However, if you are still receiving the newsletter and do not wish to be, but have not yet attempted to be removed or have not informed us that you would like to be removed, then I respectfully request that you click the opt-out link at the bottom of the newsletter, or you send me a quick email and I will remove you as per your request. The opt-out link does appear to be working fine and has successfully removed a few dozen former recipients in the past.

Again, I apologize for the problems we had some months ago with security to our server and newsletter. Please know that we have made considerable changes since that time, and are now positively looking forward to our future of building some of the finest drums in the world.

Sincerely,

Kelly Brady
    Brady Drum Company
    kelly@bradydrums.com.au

(Would be appreciated if a fellow forum member would translate this for me).

Courtesy of my father, Chris Brady:

Hi everybody,

We're attempting the impossible here! After almost 30 years of crafting drums, I'm attempting to create a solid record of all Brady drum owners out there in the drum world. We want to bring the extended family of players closer together but in order to do so we need to know who you are (Especially hard for me to keep track of you all as I didn't begin serial numbering my drums until 1995).

Please send us a quick line back with your name, location, instrument/s owned and year of purchase. All photos would be greatly appreciated too.

PLEASE EMAIL TO chris@bradydrums.com

Name:

Instruments owned:

Year of Purchase:

Thanks guys!

Best Wishes from Australia,

CB.

www.bradydrums.com
    http://www.myspace.com/bradydrum

My apologies for writing in English, however my understanding of German is limited at best.

I have been informed that there has been some confusion concerning an email some members of this forum may have received earlier today.

In recent months we have experienced our email servers and newsletter subscription database being hacked, altered, spoofed, and spammed regularly. This has been an extremely frustrating situation, and has resulted in the loss of key data including previously, sections of our new website currently in development.

A few days ago I noticed that our newsletter subscription database had received a disproportionately high number of new subscribers over a short period of time (roughly 10,000 new subscribers). To ensure that every email address in the database wished to continue receiving correspondence and news from us, I felt in light of the situation it was more appropriate to advise each recipient of the situation and provide the opt-out option prior to any future newsletters being sent out. As the majority of the email addresses appeared to be located in Germany and its surrounding countries, I made the decision to have the opt-out message translated by a colleague into your native tongue. I apologize for any confusion regarding the legitimacy of the notification.

Please rest assured that we are undertaking immediate measures to ensure this situation does not happen in future.

The website http://www.bradydrums.com is the official website of Chris Brady, and the Brady family has had no affiliation since 2006 with the former company that currently bears my father’s name. We are very excited about Chris’ new creations and we look forward to introducing them to the drumming world in the near future.

On behalf of the family, please accept my apologies if this situation has caused any distress or discomfort.

Sincerely,

Kelly Brady
    kelly@bradydrums.com

hey all,

first of all, the auction has 3 1/2 days left, but has already surpassed our wildest expectations. we can't thank you enough for bidding.

in keeping with this giving attitude, slow car crash (dan's band) has decided to donate 100% of the proceeds of the electronic sales of their cd, "the trip we planned", to dan's family for the rest of the month of april. all you have to do is go to itunes (worldwide) or sony connect, buy a few songs, or even the whole thing. they won't keep a dime.

you'll get a good record, and the funds will go to a good cause.

thank you again.

kel :)

(sorry for posting this in English)

hey guys,

a dear friend of my husband & I - keyboard player danallan atkins - passed away last april 8, at the age of 27. the one-year anniversary of his passing is fast approaching, and his parents are still paying for his funeral expenses.

this drum has been donated by paul mason of tempus drums and is being auctioned on ebay for the purpose of assisting with these expenses. 100% of the proceeds will go to dan's family.

TEMPUS SNARE CHARITY AUCTION

shipping is free anywhere in the world (yes, including germany).

i would appreciate it if you would pass the word to anyone and everyone you can. thank you.

thanks,

Kel :)

(Apologies for writing this in English) :)

In anticipation of the launch of the new website, Brady Drums by Chris Brady, we’ve added a mailing list for drummers who want to keep up-to-date with all the latest happenings.

Benefits of being signed up to the mailing list include concert ticket giveaways, behind-the-scenes photos and interviews with your favourite drummers, members only promotions and competitions, artist news, and advance access to the debut of the all new Brady website.

To register, send an email to the following address:

newsletter@bradydrums.com

First issue is mailed next week.

Merry Christmas!

Kelly Brady :)