HI Guys/ From Phil Maturano/ new Solo! [philm]

• Hi All! I send you all my best wishes from New York and I would like to invite anyone that is interested to my website.

http://www.philmaturano.com

There I have posted my latest solo from "Drums And Percussion" magazine - I dont know if you guys know but now the magazine comes with a CD and we can hear everyone's playing! Its just great to have a cd to go along with the workshops in my opinion. Musical concepts become much clearer when you get to hear things.

By the way...yes I have moved to New York. I have lived in Germany for the past 3 years (yes my german is still terrible) and I felt like it was time to take on the next phase of my life. NEW YORK!!! hahahah...
    Its an incredible place with TONS of musicians. If you have never been here....man you have to try make it part of your carreer in some way or other. Even if its just for studies or visiting and checking out the scene. Of course, I will be back and forth to Europe allot. I will be there, in Germany in January. Doing some gigs and clinics and Private lessons etc etc...

Anyway stop by my site and download the solo. Hope you enjoy it:-)
    All the best and many greetings from chilly NY
    Phil M.

• not bad, but I ask myself:
    what is click track , wat is sequencer, wat is You ?

my generation (the who, 1965) hat für mich eine ganz andere dimension erhalten, seit harald schmidt (2005) das statement "wer die alten nicht mag, der soll sich jung aufhängen" von sich gegeben hat ! ;--)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cookie ()

• Hi ...I am imagining you mean ...if there is a click track? The clave? If there is any sequencer?

if that is your question the answer is , there is = no click track or sequencer. Its all me...Live.

in the solo i am using the left foot clave technique. Pretty common these days. Everyone has there different takes on it, but I really love to use it. If i can, i use it in other styles like funk etc...When musically appropriate.

If you check out my gear page
    http://philmaturano.com/gear.html

it will give you an idea about what i am using.

Kind regards and thanks for listening.
    Phil M

• if it is really you, then congretulations !
    but I don´t really believe it !

Kurt

my generation (the who, 1965) hat für mich eine ganz andere dimension erhalten, seit harald schmidt (2005) das statement "wer die alten nicht mag, der soll sich jung aufhängen" von sich gegeben hat ! ;--)

• Hi Kurt...thank you bro! For more info on how to do this, check out the latest Drums and Percussion magazine. My workshop on the CD has lots of playing examples and ideas as to how to go about this.

Matz...I will be around the Koln area. Stay in touch and we can arrange to get together at Drummers institute in Dusseldorf. If you are near there.

Kind regards
    Phil m

• matz,

is das ein "fish aus dem DF" oder ein GI, der sich über uns lustig macht ?

Oder ist der "echt" ?

• Hi Phil,
    enjoyed your interview in the d&p beginning of this year a lot! This was one reason for me to take a look at afro-cuban-like rhythms and find a greater variety of possibilities for myself. It was also one of the reasons that caused me to take drumlessons again :)
    I think your point of view, to look at the roots of music and understand the different techniques is a very reasonable way of approaching drumming and music!
    So thanks for that kind of inspiration.

[color=#000000][b][size=8]Schießbude
    In meinem Herz schlagen zwei Brüste.

• hi burning! Thank you so much for the kind words. I am very happy to have contributed somehow to your playing. It is a great honor for me to be able to do that.

I hope we get to meet soon. If you are near dusseldorf or koln in january I will be at drummers institute teaching and also doing a few gigs in the area. So stay in touch.

All the best
    Phil M

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Phil Maturano ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!